THE MONTEREY BAY AQUARIUM SEAFOOD WATCH "NATIONAL BUSINESS OUTREACH CAMPAIGN"
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The "National Business Outreach Campaign" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins January 26 2015 at 9:00:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PST") and ends on December 11 2015 at 5:00:00 p.m. PST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes is open to restaurants and seafood retailers located in the United States. All eligible businesses must serve or sell seafood daily. You must be at least 18 years of age as of the official start of the Sweepstakes Period, have an e-mail account, and be a business owner, manager, chef, or selected representative. Only one entry per business will be allowed. Businesses under shared corporate ownership or franchising agreements are limited to one (1) entry for all locations. The Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Foundation, 886 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940 ("Sponsor"). Business employees, volunteers, directors and officers of the Sponsor, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute, Service Systems Associates and their respective parent companies, businesses that were Seafood Watch Business Partners prior to Sweepstakes start date, affiliated companies, subsidiaries and any of their agents, advertising, promotional and other agencies (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), and the businesses owned by immediate families and persons living in the same household of such employees/directors/officers/volunteers are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER. Entrants/Winners of the Grand Prize must be 18 or older and have an email account. To enter this Sweepstakes, complete our Seafood Watch Business Outreach online survey at www.seafoodwatch.org/survey. All entries must be received by 5:00:00 p.m. (PST) on December 11 2015 according to Sponsor's time. No hand, mail-in, or e-mail deliveries will be accepted. None of the Sweepstakes Entities are responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, duplicated, or otherwise unintelligible entries, or for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Sweepstakes Entrant may encounter when submitting an entry. Incomplete, garbled, duplicate, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of Winners, the Winners will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened.
3. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Grand Prize Winners will be randomly chosen by a representative of Sponsor, from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes period, on or about December 11 2015 (the "Drawing Date"). Grand Prize Winners (the "Winners") will be notified by email within approximately seven (7) days after the Drawing Date. The Winners must respond (as directed) within 48 hours of attempted notification. Winners' failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prizes and, in such case, Sponsor may select an alternate entry from among the remaining eligible entries. The Winners will be sent an affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release ("Release"). Except where prohibited by law, the release will state that Winners agrees to allow Sponsor to use (without additional compensation) their names, addresses, photographs, testimonials, likenesses, for purposes of advertising and promotion (including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor's website). Winners may also be required to provide valid government issued photo identification, U.S. Social Security Number or Tax ID number (for tax form purposes), current address, and phone number. Unless restricted by law, the Winners must complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. An alternate Winners may be selected from among the remaining eligible entries if an original Winners: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason.
4. PRIZES. ((entrants/Winners of the Grand Prize must be 18 or older)) GRAND PRIZE. One (1) prize, consisting of: (1) two airplane tickets to Monterey (roundtrip) from anywhere in the USA, (2) one hotel room for two in Monterey for two consecutive nights, (3) two tickets to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium for two consecutive days, (4) a 50 minutes behind-the-scenes tour of the Monterey Bay Aquarium for two on one of the two days of their visit (times will be confirmed directly with Winners, and are subject to change), (5) dinner for two on the first night Winners arrive in Monterey (total average retail value NOT TO EXCEED $5,000 "ARV"). All Prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion and exact Prize details will be provided at time of Winners' notification. Grand Prize Winners and Friends must have all necessary identification. Winners will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to the Grand Prize award. Any and all activities related to the Prize are at the Winners' own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the Sponsor. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein, including, but not limited to, meals not included in the prize, transportation from the Monterey Airport to hotel, and from hotel to airport, etc. Monterey Bay Aquarium reservations shall not be changed, sold, endorsed, exchanged, transferred or in any other manner modified. Winners are responsible for obtaining travel insurance and all other forms of insurance that they may wish to obtain at their own expense and hereby acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor any of its prize suppliers have or will obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. If Winners are unwilling or unable to participate in or accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Winners. Sponsor reserves the right to alter the reservation to accommodate availability of the facility and staff. Prize may be awarded in the form of voucher(s), coupon(s) and/or gift card(s) in Sponsor's sole discretion. Winners are not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. The prizes are non-transferable; there will be no substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize. However, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value, at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
5. ODDS. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. CONDITIONS. Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Winners agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding, and Winners agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. Winners agree at all times to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, promotional partners, directors, owners, officers and agents ("Releasees"), from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, injuries, death, accidents, losses or damages of any kind resulting directly or indirectly from any and all activity related to entering and/or participating in this Sweepstakes. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Winners, and Winners may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the "ARV" of any awarded prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, duplicate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes in any way including, without limitation, by cheating, hacking, deception, or by any other unfair playing practice intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives. Use of any automated system to participate is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor may disqualify at its sole discretion any entries it believes are created by an automated system. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in Monterey, California. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, the Winners' entries and Winners' acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sweepstakes Entities to use said Winners' names, photographs, likeness, statements, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission, or further compensation.
9. OFFICIAL RULES, WINNERS LIST. To obtain a copy of these official rules or the Winners' list within 90 days of the close of the Sweepstakes, send your request to: Monterey Bay Aquarium "NATIONAL BUSINESS OUTREACH CAMPAIGN" Official Rules, 886 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940.
10. The Sweepstakes is not sponsored, affiliated, or endorsed by any other institution other than the Monterey Bay Aquarium. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you are providing information to the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities only.
© 2015 Monterey Bay Aquarium Foundation. All rights reserved.