Author of seven cookbooks and television personality on seven Food Network shows including "Cutthroat Kitchen."
(Serves 4 to 6)
- 1 side of skin-on sockeye salmon, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds, pin bones removed
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Position a rack in the oven 3 inches from the broiler. Line a half-sheet pan with aluminum foil and place the salmon on the pan.
- Place the sugar, zest, salt and pepper into the bowl of a small food processor and process for 1 minute or until well combined. Evenly spread the mixture onto the salmon and allow to sit for 45 minutes at room temperature.
- Turn the oven on to the high broiler setting for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, place the salmon into the oven and broil for 6 to 8 minutes or until the thickest part of the fish reaches an internal temperature of 131 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the salmon from the oven and allow to rest, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.